Dog Day Training and Socialization Services
Adventure Days: Your Answer to Helping Your Dog Handle Real-World Distractions!
Adventure Days are a popular alternative to doggy day care! These dog training lessons focus on teaching your dog to work around real-world distractions. These are dog day training appointments, meaning that Fortunate Fido’s certified trainer will pick up your pup and take them for a one-on-one dog day training and socialization adventure to local, dog friendly locations.
We work at a variety of training locations around your home that often include pet-friendly stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s, PetPeople, Pet Supplies Plus, Cabela’s or other stores; the local metro park; local playgrounds; or any number of dog-friendly locations!
These lessons are three hours long and result in very tired dogs as they learn new behaviors in public and learn how to appropriately socialize. Our focus is on making sure the trip is fun and safe for your dog as they learn new life skills and interact with new surfaces, people, objects, sounds, and more!
Since your dogs are working almost the entire time you’re gone, all you have to worry about for that day is making sure they have enough food to work with during the appointment. If they’re on a special diet, please let the trainer know and provide a lot of their favorite diet-approved treats!
See below for more information and to sign your dog up for a Dog Day Training and Socialization Adventure!
What does my dog practice while on a Dog Training and Socialization Adventure Day?
While on their Adventure Days, your dog will work on their overall manners, attention, and, most importantly, confidence in new locations. We often start with the basics and work our way up to ensure your dog has all the necessary foundations while out and about, but you can also ask the trainer to focus on specific areas of training that your dog may be having trouble with.
Since this is a learning and socialization experience around real-world distraction, we do tailor each program to the individual dog, meaning the trainer will not solely focus on one element. Some dogs may have an easier time in certain places like a quiet park, but have trouble in a store environment, meaning the work we do in each of those locations will look different!
While working with your dog, we often work on:
- Attention Games & Engagement – Focus and engagement is the foundation of all behaviors with your dog!
- Recall Games – Recall can save your dog’s life, so we like to build it up to be AMAZING!
- Polite Greeting Setups – Polite Greetings give us a pattern to help both shy and overly-confident dogs with people and new objects!
- Loose Leash Walking Practice – Loose Leash Walking is a foundation to help your dog pay attention to you, but also to ensure they’re not overwhelmed or overstimulated in new environments. Leash tension builds frustration!
- Relaxation and Mat Work – Relaxation and Mat Work allow us to help your dog learn to relax, which can be so hard for dog’s in new environments!
- Socialization – Socialization and positive experiences in the presence of new things, people, sounds, sights, and more helps build confident, secure dogs that know the world isn’t a scary place!
Your dog will return tired and ready for a nap from all the learning!
Is my dog right for Dog Day Training and Socialization Adventure Days?
- Does your dog need to work on their manners out and about in the real world?
- Do they have trouble keeping their feet on the floor while greeting people?
- Do they have a hard time walking nicely on leash when things get exciting?
- Is it hard for them to pay attention to you in new environments?
- Do you have a puppy you’re looking to socialize with new things?
- Do you have a busy schedule and want an easy way to tire your dog out?
- Do you need an alternative to dog day care?
Then our Adventure Days are for you!
If you haven’t taken private lessons with us or had a Meet & Greet with our trainer and your dogs in the past, after you sign up for Adventure Days, our trainer will reach out to schedule a Meet & Greet to talk through your goals and get to know you and your dog!
Your dog must be comfortable with traveling in a car and we recommend that you have a car safe harness that clips into the seat belt buckle for your dog. Reactive dogs are not eligible for Adventure Days unless you have worked with our trainer and have trainer approval, then they can be an awesome next step to help your dog learn to handle real-world scenarios.
Why should I enroll my dog in Adventure Days?
The hardest part of any dog training is taking the skills from the classroom to the real world.
Our Dog Training Adventure Days will help your dog build off of their foundations and give them practice making and being rewarded for making the right choices while out and about. We’ll work around distractions that often include nature (Squirrels! Deer! and more!), people, dogs, new smells, and new sights!
Your dog will learn to confidently apply their foundation training in everyday life and continue to love learning with one of our trainers!
Enroll Your Dog In Our Adventure Days Now!
We offer both Puppy Adventure Days ( for dogs under a year old), where the focus leans toward socialization, and Adult Adventure Days (for dogs over one year old), where the focus is on manners and confidence building. Both programs offer a bronze package that gives you 4 Adventures per month or a gold package that gives you 6 Adventures per month.
We also offer private lessons which let you pick and choose what you would like to work on. It could be as simple as learning more about your puppy or training impulse control, relaxation around other dogs, and more!
And of course more! Read our Trainers’ Bios and see for yourself!
We’re available by phone or email to answer questions regarding our classes or training. Email us for more information or to set up a private training lesson at Fortunate Fido or in your home!