Day Training for your Dog!
Have our trainers work with your pup while you work with our Dog Day Training program!
Busy work schedule? Family schedule leaving you burned out? Just need a relaxing day? Need to tire out Fido but don’t have the time? Our Dog Day Training options are the perfect solution to your training needs!
We offer Dog Walks, Training Adventures Around Town, and Day Training options where our trainers come to your house and work with your dog during the day to ensure they get training in and keep progressing with their manners!
Why Does my Dog Need Day Training?
Dog Day Training is an amazing alternative to doggy day care! In reality, not every dog is appropriate for or enjoys doggy day care and not every person is comfortable with their dog in that environment.
Dog day cares can be hard for dogs or people for a variety of reasons such as:
- Some dogs want to control and herd the other dogs which can be stressful for everyone
- Some dogs don’t enjoy others’ play styles (some dogs like to wrestle, others like to chase, and more)
- Nervous dogs can be overwhelmed with all the action going on and with the size of the play groups
- Some dogs can have trouble with environmental change such as dogs and people coming and going
- Intact dogs are often not allowed after a certain age
Dog Day Training allows your dog to get exercise and mental stimulation like they’d get at doggy day care in a controlled, safe way while they continue to progress their training. We can also help your dog learn new behaviors while you work, help them get more comfortable with grooming or nail trimming, help them get desensitized to new gear (Halti, Gentle Leader, etc.), work on reactivity or over arousal, and more!
Our programs center around training during walks, training at home, and training in real-world, dog-friendly environments. Read more and sign up below!
- Your dog enjoys a nice 30 or 60 minute walk around your neighborhood
- Our Dog Day Training walks with your dog can include loose leash work, recalls, sits, stays, downs, attention around distractions, and more!
- We offer packages for 2x or 3x a week 30 or 60 minute walks that save you money!
- We also offer a 3 month From Puller to Polite: Loose Leash Walking Program
Puppy Around Town
- Our trainer takes your puppy on a 3 hour socialization romp around town where they’ll get to experience all the fun the world has to offer!
- We people watch, work on manners, expose them to new surfaces, help them with handling, and more to give them the best start!
- These can be booked for any puppy 6 months and younger
- Socialization is vital to having a well adjusted puppy. Let our dog trainers help you out so they get the best start possible!
- We also offer a 2 week Puppy Day Training Package to help set your puppy up for success!
Manners Around Town
- Our trainer picks up your dog and takes them on a dog training adventure
- We focus on working around real-world distractions
- We work in pet-friendly locations like parks, stores, and more!
- Working in a variety of environments ensures your dog is ready to listen no matter where you are!
In-Home Day Training
- We’ll come to your house and work one on one with your dog
- The more your dog can practice good behaviors, the more you’ll see them in the real world when you need them!
- Sessions catered to you and your dog’s needs
- We can work on anything your pup is having trouble with or work on teaching them something new altogether!
- Amazing for practice with handling for the vet or groomers, general manners work, loose leash walking, attention, and more!
- Your dog gets mental stimulation and keeps improving their manners while you work!
- We offer a monthly 2 Day Per Week and 3 Day Per Week package to set your dog up on a schedule to help them succeed!
We offer private lessons which let you pick and choose what you would like to work on. It could be as simple as learning more about your puppy or training impulse control, relaxation around other dogs, and more!
Fortunate Fido is known for our experienced dog trainers! Our trainers have had education and certification.
And of course more! Read our Trainer’s Bio and see for yourself!
We’re available by phone or email to answer questions regarding our classes or training. E-mail us for more information or to set up a private training lesson in your home!